You can easily find here a couple of quick and healthy breakfast recipes for kids that are sure to take you very little time to whip up and yet pack a flavourful punch.
*Gluten Free Jowar Upma
You Will Need
2 cup Jowar dana, One each of diced onion and carrot, ½ cup of boiled corn and peas, 3 tbsp of roasted peanuts, a chunk of ginger and finely diced garlic, 1 chopped red chilli and the liquid from a lemon. Salt, pepper to taste, 2tbsp of cooking oil and 3 cups of water along with a sprig of coriander.
1. Soak the jowar overnight to soften it and you can pressure cook it with the water and salt in the morning.
2. Next, you must have the veggies sautéed in a pan with a bit of oil before you add in the roasted peanuts.
3. Incorporate the Jowar and mix well before you add in some salt. Spice it up with a hint of pepper.
4. It is important that you let the mixture simmer at this stage for 7 minutes on a low heat.
5. Turn off the gas and squeeze a bit of lemon and dress with diced coriander before serving the upma hot and fresh.
* Whip up Lip-Smacking Lemon Sevai
You Will Need
2 cups of Sevai, 2 juicy lemons, 1 tsp haldi powder, Half tsp mustard seeds, a couple of diced green chillies and a few curry leaves along with 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
1. Begin by giving the sevai a good soak in warm water. Turn on the gas and place the pan with the sevai and water on the stove at medium heat.
2. Take a few minutes to boil until the noodles soften and then you can turn off the gas. Now, strain the water from the sevai before you empty them into a mixing bowl.
3. Now bring a new pan to the stove, heat the oil and add in the mustard seeds. Once these pop, you can mix in the haldi.
4. Toss in the curry leaves before finally adding in the diced chilles. Saute the spice mixture well so that the spices get a chance to exude their flavour adding to the taste of your dish.
5. Next you have to induce the lemony zing, so mix in the noodles thoroughly and squeeze two lemon’s citrusy juice in.
6. You’re almost done, so give the dish a taste check and introduce any salt or spice according to your personal preference.
7. The lemon sevai are now ready to be devoured and you can serve them up to your hungry kids for a hearty yet fresh breakfast.
Both these quick and healthy breakfast recipes for kids can become an excellent part of your weekly meal plan as they will soon be a favourite with the kids.